Supporting parents for long-term success
Welcome! The Parent Leadership, Empowerment, and Advocacy Group (PLEAG) features:
- Dinner provided for kids and parents
- Child development program
- Parents check-ins
- Speakers, agency presentations
- Parent/child activities
PLEAG meetings allow parents to express their needs as parents for long-term success, especially after exiting systems and programs of care. The group is facilitated by a therapist and a parent, jointly, and brings speakers to share community resources. The 5 protective factors serve as a guide:
- Parental resilience
- An array of social connections
- Adequate knowledge of parenting and development
- Social-emotional competence in children
- Concrete support in times of need, including access to necessary services, such as mental health
The Parent Leadership Empowerment and Advocacy Group (PLEAG) was developed together with the Child Abuse Prevention Council, CoRR, and Child Protective Services to provide long term stability to parents. Diverse parents participate, some who may be involved with the child welfare system, some who just want a safe place to meet, learn and share skills, and learn about community resources. Parents and children of all ages are welcome to join.
For upcoming classes, please view our calendar of events.