Dear Partners, Clients, and Family Members;
As updates on the impact of the COVID-19 continue to be released, we will use this page to stay in touch regarding precautions we are taking and program changes at Granite Wellness Centers. We are committed to our mission to promote wellness and quality of life, and honoring this mission as we support wellness for individuals, families, and communities.
We’re committed to staying up to date on recommendations and current best practices in adherence to the recommendations distributed by the CDC.
- We are here for you! Please call your counselor, or call your site (see site locations) and connect. All services wil be scheduled in advance–give us a call or fill out a form on our website and someone will reach out to you!
- Although our lobbies are closed to support public health, we are maintaining outpatient and DUI services (telehealth only). We are strongly encouraging clients to choose individual telehealth or individual in-person services; we do not encourage in-person group attendance.
- We are maintaining services that meet medical necessity, including outpatient (including MAT) and residential services at this time.
- We are screening all participants, employees, and visitors. We are encouraging people with symptoms to call before accessing services. We will develop an individual plan for your situation.
- Granite Wellness has suspended visits in residential programs.
- For people attending in person services, please maintain hygiene and social distancing (at least 6 feet).
- We are encouraging general wellness and reminding people to do the things that support your wellness! This might include hydration, rest, healthy nutrition, exercise, and addressing anxiety that may arise in these situations. Here is a resource from the CDC:
We are in communication with our local health departments to receive important community-specific updates. Our service sites are located in Nevada and Placer Counties—please see the following links to our local public health department informational pages specific to COVID-19.
Nevada County: https://www.mynevadacounty.com/2924/Coronavirus
Placer County: https://www.placer.ca.gov/6367/Novel-Coronavirus-COVID-19
You may find more Statewide information here:
- CA Dept of Public Health’s COVID-19 Guidance (for a range of situations and contexts);
- Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, updated 3/12/20
More examples of some of the precautions we have put in place include the following:
- We are screening all participants, employees, and visitors.
- All staff members have received guidance on infection control
- CDC informational posters are on display to provide important reminders on proper infection prevention procedures.
- Disinfection and hygiene guidance has been provided to staff and clients
- We continue to review visitation policies and have enhanced screening measures.